[TenTec] Omni6+ roofing filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni6+ roofing filter
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jun 16 11:07:53 2003
At 08:09 AM 6/16/03 -0700, you wrote:
>INRAD did some experiments with a narrower roofing filter in the OMNI VI
>and the improvements were not large.  The OMNI VI has such a solid front
>end that the roofing filter is apparently not a big deal.  You can call
>George up at INRAD and ask about it, he is usually happy to discuss his
>thoughts.

What frequency is the OMNI 6+'s first IF?  On many general coverage radios,
the first IF is up in the lower VHF region, apparently to reduce spurious
her indicated this is a big problem with fitting a narrower roofing filter
to some radios, such as the Yaesu Mark 5.  It's not easy to build a narrow
crystal filter at 70 MHz, I gather.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm