[TenTec] Omni D frequency shifting

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D frequency shifting
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue Jun 24 09:13:52 2003
Sure sounds like a PTO rebuild to me.  Does the frequency shift on
receive by any noticeable amount?  20 Hz is pretty hard to detect by
ear, but if you set the OMNI on some stable CW station, listen to see if
it shifts up and down here and there.  I have had these symptoms and the
PTO mechanics were at fault, easy to fix by clean and repair.

The other possibilities include the bandswitch (move it back and forth a
few times to see if it temporarily cures the problem) and there are some
board connections that could possibly need cleaning (try reseating all
the connectors and even the boards themselves just as a point of
maintenance).

Very good luck to you sir.  Write again if the problem persists.

Clark
WA3JPG