[TenTec] GPS Antenna feedline

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] GPS Antenna feedline
From: tongaloa@alltel.net (tongaloa)
Date: Tue Jun 24 12:33:38 2003
Suggest checking out times ware and cable LMR series.
I've used it extensively with 900MHz and 2.4GHz stuff.
Low advertised (and I believe them)loss relative to the
coaxial cables that most hams are familiar with...

If anyone is in need of controlling a serial device at
a distance of up to 18,000 feet. I have some surplus
adtran ISU 128 units. They will do up to 115.6kbps
async or 128kbps sync between a pair over 18,000
feet of mixed size twisted pair (like a dry telephone
company alarm cirsuit) or up to 5 miles over good
quality, unbroken (no junction boxes) twisted pair.
$60 for a pair of the adtran units includes 48 states shipping
and I have 5 pair to sell.

You might use for remote of these GPS receivers or
with a PeeCee at each end having soundcards, you could
run streaming audio and control signals for a pegasus or
other radio with RS232 or sync serial control.

-Bob
ah7i, ah7i/w4