[TenTec] Tnx es my 2 cts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tnx es my 2 cts
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Tue Jun 24 14:35:37 2003
Thanks to the responders to my 500 Hz filter question of a couple of days
ago. The "problem" was solved by pulling the filter out and reinserting it
a couple of times.

My two cents on another subject: people may be anticipating too much from
the ARRL Lab's test report data on the ORION. IMHO, the ORION, the ICOM
IC-756 PROII and IC-746PRO are such different animals from the usual rigs
that undergo testing in Newington that they may well require both more
sophisticated test equipment and different testing procedures in order to
get the full story. Dollars to doughnuts, I'll bet both ICOM and Ten-Tec
have test equipment in their shops that surpass what's available at the
ARRL.  In other words, with the Lab's traditional testing parameters in
place, I'm not sure what we'll learn that we don't know already. The
results may well tell more about the state of the Lab''s test equipment
than they will about the ORION.

73,
John, W3ULS