[TenTec] 2A GA Omni A, Omni D at w4rrw

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2A GA Omni A, Omni D at w4rrw
From: vern@mantlelamp.com (Vern Kunes)
Date: Mon Jun 30 11:48:38 2003
Most Tees are lossy into larghe SWRs. For my 135' flattop for Field Day, I
used a link coupled tuner, but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough for 10
meters, but tuned 20, 40, and 80 fine (using 450 ohm ladderline for
multiband operation). If you really want to cut your losses at hi SWR, the L
tuner is still the tops. That's what I use at my base station (it just
happens to be a Ten Tec 229!). Good luck.  Vern  N2YZS