[TenTec] Delta 580 Offsets

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 Offsets
From: tomnorth@airmail.net (Tom North)
Date: Mon Jun 30 22:46:07 2003
>From my experience here with two 580's (and the information in the manual),
the rig DOES take into account the pitch offset, evidenced by the flicker in
the display on CW transmit A continuous key down *should* display the 700Hz
offset, be it by key or by pulling out the ALC/TX-ON knob. Put another way,
the exact freq of an incoming CW signal is determined by zero-beating that
signal, then tuning for the offset to work it.

The way I understand it, all three positions should read the same in receive
if the rig is in proper alignment. USB/LSB carrier balance is adjusted at
R31 on the SSB Generator Board (80552.) Also note that the alignment notes
in the manual have a typo in this regard, if one is to look at the schematic
carefully (if there were later editions, this may have been corrected; the
notes in mine call for the adjustment at R3, the shemo as R31.)

Given the fact that these adjustments have some interaction with others in
terms of aligning the rig, I would recommend that anyone contemplating
making these tweaks have all the docs in hand, i.e. a complete manual.

Please let me know if there is something here that I've missed. I'd hate to
think that these two have worked as well as they have in an incorrect
configuration :-)

73'

Tom  N5OZQ