[TenTec] Need help: Corsair II meter problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need help: Corsair II meter problem
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Mon Jun 30 10:04:21 2003
Hi everyone:

I was operating my Corsair II in FD over the weekend (at home) & was
switching the front panel multimeter around to check forward power, swr and
Ic.  I flipped the switch to Ic (was in receive mode) and the power supply
tripped.  I turned off the rig, reset the p.s. and turned the rig back on.
It seems to receive and tx okay (I went ahead and operated in field day with
it) but the meter is nonfunctional.  On rx it does nothing for signal
levels.  On tx it's dead on tx power, and swr (was running cw so don't know
about processor but never use it anyway).  In receive, when I switch it over
to Ic the meter slams against the left side.  Has anyone had this happen?
Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks & 73,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ