[TenTec] Orion Died?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Died?
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 15:33:17 2003
It's still a sad fact that a certain percentage of electronic components will
suffer "infant mortality."  An equipment maker uses the best parts money can
buy - rigorously tests the finished product - and yet every so often something
breaks.

Your problem may be a symptom  of a premature failure - most likely of
thermal failure of a chip - or it may very well be an indication that a memory
chip
has lost a bit. That happens pretty often down here in the monsoon belt when
there's enough static in the air to make the cat's hair stand up.

And the idiot cat thinks I can do something about it! Actually, spraying a
comb with Joy dishwashing detergent and combing it into his fur gives him
enough
relief that he will quit biting me. But that's another story.

Before you give up though, try re-downloading both the new good-for-XP loader
program and the latest firmware update; and then try another update. We have
had problems with downloads arriving with various glitches lately that a
reload has corrected.  Including one in a sales program whose annual
maintainence
fee is almost "four Orions."  It looks to me as though some sections of the net
may be approaching capacity.

Good luck and 73   Pete Allen  AC5E