[TenTec] Really bad noise with Peg on PTT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Really bad noise with Peg on PTT
From: jody@lcl.ca (Jody Levine)
Date: Tue Jul 1 19:14:55 2003
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
> You certainly could be getting RF into the radio

Thanks, that got me barking up the right tree. In this heat I didn't fancy
crawling into my attic to do somthing at the antenna (this is a 17m-ish
dipole stapled to the rafters of my roof), and I had a bunch of turns around
a 2" ABS pipe as an RF choke balun -- not enough I guess. To try something
easy, I wrapped aluminum foil around about 15 feet of coax and added that at
the tuner -- wow, what a difference.

What I still don't understand is why the RF feedback was be intermittent. If
someone could elucidate on that, I'd be most grateful.

Jody
ve3ion