[TenTec] Field Day experiences

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Field Day experiences
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Mon Jul 7 21:01:03 2003
It's been interesting, reading the threads on Field Day.   Because of
health reasons I have not actively participated in Field Day the last
few years, but can vividly recall various experiences over the years,
good and bad, similar to those told here.

For those who had good experiences, GREAT!   For those who had
bad experiences, GREAT!    Well, maybe not great........how about
GOOD?  As I understand it, Field Day is a time of fellowship,
promotion of Amateur Radio and a time for testing our emergency
preparedness.   So, for those who had rig failures, interference
problems and all the rest, I hope it was a time of learning something
that will serve you well if and when the real thing comes along.

Regardless of the technical successes and failures I imagine just
about everyone enjoyed the fellowship [and good food that came
with it  :-)  ]  and Amateur Radio was well promoted.

--

73 de Lee  WA3FIY
wa3fiy@radioadv.com