[TenTec] Paragon Keying Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Keying Problem
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sat Jul 19 15:30:18 2003
For whatever reason, Tentec seemed to have a solder problem with the PLL
boards. I seem to recall that one of the often offered solutions was to
"touch up" each of the solder connections on the PLL boards.

I suspect that the use of copper non-plated boards in earlier Tentec
products allowed oxidation to occur to the traces and pads while these
boards were in storage prior to component mounting.  Without a very rigorous
cleaning prior to soldering, bad connections could exist even though the
outside solder looked quite acceptable and the boards appeared to accept
solder.

73
Bob, K4TAX