[TenTec] Paragon Keying Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Keying Problem
From: ve1adh@yahoo.ca (David McClafferty)
Date: Sun Jul 20 09:50:35 2003
I have re-soldered several Paragon PLL boards and I
believe the problem is related to the way temperature
changes affects the board. I think the modules which
are soldered to the board cause stress on the joints
during temperature changes. That would also explain
why some radios have not had the problem, they could
be in a more stable environment temperature wise. Also
I haven't seen soldering problems on many other TT
boards.
Just my 2 cents worth (1&1/2 cents US).

Dave, VE1ADH

 --- Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com> wrote: > Yes, in
fact I was already through the PLL problem