[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon Jul 21 20:05:17 2003
> I haven't seen much on the reflector about the Orion lately.
> Is that a good sign or a bad one?  HI

Well, in my case,  I am still busy learning how to best
use this new machine!  Of course,  have it teamed with
both an RX-340 and Carl M's (N4PY) software.  So along
with his "Smart VFO" feature,  there is much to learn.

Unfortunately,  the propagation during times I want to
operate has/is still poor. The Sun is now just South of
our zenith at mid-day (lat 21.9 here).  Things will improve
greatly in the prop department in coming weeks.

Over on the Yahoo Orion discussion group,  things have also
been quiet;  however,  there have been many new sign-ups
for membership,  many by folks who have just ordered an
Orion here in July,  or are planning on same; they want to get
in on more Orion feature/benefits discussions.  There are
some 600 postings archived there about the Orion since
April for them to read and review,  catching up.  I am sure this
will pick up as the Fall season comes closer and propagation
everywhere improves.  As of today,  there are 347 in the
Yahoo Orion group. I have had to deny to several obvious
spammers;  I always ask for a call sign if none appears or is
obvious from the email  address or name of the requesting
individual.  The spam problem at the group seems well under
control now.

73,  Jim  KH7M