[TenTec] Another grounding thought and personal observation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Another grounding thought and personal observation
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Wed Aug 13 11:01:49 2003
One very common error in putting antennas that rotate in/on a tower is
failure to bond the rotating mast to the tower.  A flexible strap connected
to the mast with a couple of hose clamps and then to the top of the tower
via the same method will provide a path from the mast to the tower other
than through the rotor.   Saves rotors and control boxes.

Also, put an "air terminal" on the top of the mast.  A pipe cap with a 6" x
3/8" threaded rod attached, sharpen the end to a point and it will work very
nice.

73
Bob, K4TAX