[TenTec] Re:] Fiberglass poles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:] Fiberglass poles
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:32:33 -0500
Vince,
Most of the 20 foot and longer fiberglass fishing poles suggested, would not
support a heavy center insulator and line isolator.   I would suggest a
modest insulator, and taping the line isolator to the larger section of the
pole, some distance down from the thin top most section.  I believe from
what you said, that the legs of the Windom style doublet would probably be
like an inverted vee, and thus not capable of providing support to the line
isolator relieving the pole of that strain.
-Stuart
K5KVH