[TenTec] Ten Tec 1210 10 meter to 2 meter Transverter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 1210 10 meter to 2 meter Transverter
From: Bill Miner <wg6h@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:40:01 -0700
Hello Ten Tekkies,

I just finished construction of the 1210 transverter kit for another
ham.  I was curious about these economical kits and building one for
someone else was a cheap way to find out how well these units work.

I'm happy to report that the kit goes together with few challenges but
it is necessary to have a good frequency counter and vhf watt meter for
final alignment.

Receive side is quiet and sensitive with no birdies.  Transmit is a
clean 10 watts out.  The RF sense T/R switching works smooth. Driving
power required is anywhere from 4 to 20 watts at the ten meter IF. I
believe this could be easily modified to allow a lower level IF input as
well.

A cheap (R/S) all-mode rig could be the IF but my  Argonaut V works very
nice.
If you have not been on 2 meter SSB/CW then you should give one of these
a try.

73,
Bill - K6WLM
Sacramento, CA