RE: [TenTec] 580 Delta FS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] 580 Delta FS
From: "Rusty Kirkpatrick" <w4iko@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:43:55 -0400
Ed,
        The 580 is in like new condition as it was stored for several years
before
I bought it. There are a few scratches on the one side of the case but
cosmetically all of the other cases and fronts are like new. The radio was
back to Ten Tec in March of 2002 and they did a complete check on the system
and found a cold solder joint on the board for the digital display and
repaired that, also they restringed the pto so it moves very smoothly and
they realigned the unit.
        Before a trade I would need to know if the Argonaut is a general
coverage
transceiver as that is the only problem with this unit in that I cannot do
any mods that would open it up to the MARS bands and I must have that
capability. This unit also has all of the crystals for the WARC bands
therefore will work all bands 160 - 10.
73's