Re: [TenTec] Frequency Knob lock for a Corsair I

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Frequency Knob lock for a Corsair I
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
No the Ten Tec radios prior to the Omni V and Paragons
all use a permeability tuned VFO. Mechanically it is
just a "slug" of ferrite material with a thread in the
inside of it, the VFO knob then simply turns a
threaded rod that is inside of the slug and makes it
move in and out of a coil. So short of physically
locking the knob itself from turning there is no
simple way to do it "electrically".

Duane
N9DG