[TenTec] {TenTec} Noisy Corsair II

To: tentec contesting <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] {TenTec} Noisy Corsair II
From: ke4id <ke4id@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:09:59 -0500
Hi, Steve,
I have a Corsair and did a couple of things of things to lessen the noise and make the rig more sensitive.
-I put a low noise broad band bipolar amp between the 9 mHz filter output and the passband tuning board. This made it easier to copy weaker signals. I believe the receiver noise figure is too high without an amp here. I think the Omni VI used a jfet amp.
- I inserted a three pole filter made from 9 mHz crystals from Digikey. It replaced the ceramic coupling capacitor that goes to the input of the mosfet product detector.
73,
Jack, KE4ID