[TenTec] Using Ameco PT-3 with Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using Ameco PT-3 with Jupiter
From: "Winston F. Jones" <winjones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:34:40 -0400
On a recent Ten-Tec net, someone mentioned using an Ameco PT-3 transceiver
preamp with their Jupiter. The results were reported as very good, with the
PT-3 boosting the gain to overcome the signal drop that is common when the DSP
noise reduction is turned on in the Jupiter.

Have any of you Jupiter owners out there tried this preamp? What have your
experiences been?

I'm thinking of getting one for my Jupiter as the signal loss with DSP is
annoying to me. I feel the Jupiter needs some sensitivity help while running
DSP.

Also, I notice some of the older Ameco PT-2's are on the used market. I don't
have any experience with these units, but I'd assume the PT-2 would also help
the Jupiter receiver. Are there other preamps besides Ameco that would work
well?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

73, Winston  K4CWQ