Re: [TenTec] Triton 540

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton 540
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:27:17 -0400
I replaced the T/R relay in my Triton 540 with a high-voltage NPN
transistor.  I believe it is a 2N5551.  The collector is open to the T/R
line in the event I want to use an external amp.  The transistor's base is
connected to Ten-Tec's "T" voltage sample point via a 10K resistor.  This
results in a fully QSK compatible output for use with any QSK amplifier.

-Paul, W9AC