Re: [TenTec] Yahoo Orion Group

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yahoo Orion Group
From: "Tom Althoff" <althoff@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:45:06 -0400
I think the quote "a house divided against itself cannot stand." comes from
the bible.

But a family man said "A house not divided into separate rooms makes it
difficult to sleep while the wife is cooking..to say nothing of bathroom
privacy"

As a Ten-Tec "fan" and owner from the $7.95 PM boards to my Omni-V/Titan
today I was considering purchasing the Orion.  It was for that reason I
joined the tentec@contesting group...to get info on a very pricey Version
1.0 rig before I plopped down my hard-earned cash.

After an initial flurry of postings about the Orion, some including stories
of returning the unit...not ready for prime-time etc and when a website that
previously proudly displayed Ten-Tec gear says he'd never buy a Ten-Tec
again...I began to rethink my order.

When the chatter stopped suddenly I pictured a group of unhappy Orion owners
regretting their purchase being painfully shy about talking publicly. (AN
INCORRECT PICTURE TO SAY THE LEAST!)

I'm SO glad to find out that it is a dedicated Orion newsgroup that is the
cause.   I will be signing up for that group and re-thinking my decision not
to purchase the Orion.

The e-mails from the tentec@contesting go to my Ten-Tec folder.... The Orion
newsgroup on Yahoo will get its own dedicated folder as well.

Thanks to all the individuals who give their personal time to maintain both
groups.  Between spam and virus complaints I don't envy their jobs at all
(but my appreciation for their work is astronomical)

73 to all my Ten-Tec friends,

Tom K2TA
Greenwood Lake, NY