Re: [TenTec] Using Omni VI+ woth MMTTY on FSK - final report

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Omni VI+ woth MMTTY on FSK - final report
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:09:52 -0400
Jim,

Buck changed the interface in the Rascal from an opto isolator to the
current FET. I have a couple of Rascals with the opto interface. I have had
no problem driving my Omni VI (opt 3) in FSK mode with them. I don't think
I've used MMTTY, but I did use WriteLog to participate in one of last
winter's RTTY contests. I wasn't getting reports of being upside down, so I
think it was working okay.

I don't know why Buck changed to the FET from the opto, but on a friend's
setup, that created ground loop hum in his TX audio.

I wasn't using Buck's cable. I had a cable with a 5-pin DIN and 4 phono
plugs that works just fine.

73,
Mark