Re: [TenTec] Displaying radio data externally, or a new way tobuildradio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Displaying radio data externally, or a new way tobuildradios
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:55:54 -0400
> It's too bad that the Flex-Radio SDR1000 isn't built
> on a PCI card, I would think that it would then have
> even greater potential than it already has. As it is
> the parallel port control I/O is somewhat limiting
> especially when using NT kernel based OSes like Win2K
> or XP.

That would be nice, but I imagine that inside a computer is a pretty nasty
with computer generated RFI.

> For the Pegasus/Jupiter I would think that a special
> "mode" could be created in firmware that is
> specifically designed for sweeping, a "mode" that
> produces no audio, therefore the AGC action could be
> optimized for sweep performance. Perhaps with that
> functionality 1-2 second sweeps for 150 KHz would be
> then do-able. As it is now anything faster than 4-5
> seconds per 150KHz sweep will sawtooth.

Even better would be an automatic sweep function that would do the sweep
(with special AGC) and then report 150 SMeter values back to the computer.
With the Jupiter it would be just a matter of using the sweep that displays
on the LCD, but providing those results to the computer. With the Pegasus,
they'd have to add some code from the Jupiter.

Mark