[TenTec] Hercules II Anomaly..

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II Anomaly..
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:55:55 EDT
Hello all, has anyone experienced the fact that if you forget to manually
change the bandswitch on the Herc II say from 40 to 75 meters, It will still
have
full output into a 50 ohm load even though the wrong band is selected? I was
talking on 75 M tonight, and looked at the led output just peaking at the 500
watt mark, with no SWR, and as I was about to look away when I noticed the
bandswitch was still on 40 M. The amp was working fine, not hot or distorted,
no
warning on the overdrive light etc. I guess I resonated it on a harmonic and
was probably pretty dirty signal wise. The amp doesn't seem harmed at all. I
was just wondering if anyone else experienced this. 73. Todd