Re: [TenTec] Hercules II Anomaly..

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules II Anomaly..
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:16:13 -0700 (PDT)
Actually that makes perfect sense, the 40M position is
a low pass filter so the the 75M signal will pass
through it quite happily.  The only harm done would be
that the level of attenuation of the 75M
spurs/harmonics would not have been as much as it
should been above 75M but bellow 40M.

My Atlas RX-110/TX-110 Novice rig behaves the same
way, you can have the RX set for one band but the TX
set for another - even though it is a actually
transceiver (the TX shares most of the RX's circuitry
except for the Mic circuits, TX driver, PA, and TX low
pass filters).

Now if it were the other way around with the amp in
the 75M position and fed a 40M drive the situation
would be quite different. In that case the 75M low
pass filter will be trying to block all that
fundamental 40M power. In that case things would
either not work right and/or heat.

Duane