RE [TenTec] 450 ohm open line feed with ten tec tuner

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE [TenTec] 450 ohm open line feed with ten tec tuner
From: "Oscar L. DuPre' Jr." <kz5od@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:10:49 -0500
Mike, I use enough RG8X to get out of the building my ham shack is in. I use two parallel lengths terminated with a double banana jack. I plug this jack in to a double banana receptacle attached to the tuner. When not using the antenna I plug this jack into a banana receptacle which is grounded. One length of RG8X center conductor is connected to one side of the ladder line and the center conductor of the other length is connected to the remaining side of the ladder line. The braid of these parallel lengths of RG8X is left floating (not connected to any thing). Works for me. 73 Leigh KZ5OD