Re: [TenTec] what is so special about heil microphone elements?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] what is so special about heil microphone elements?
From: Ynkedragon@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:14:19 EST
In a message dated 10/28/2003 11:01:04 Eastern Standard Time,
tongaloa@alltel.net writes:

<< Why all the fuss about these Heil microphone elements? >>
A couple of things:
1.  Heil has made boom mike headsets, with his mike elements, widely
available.  They are convenient--especially for an op who is logging or
controlling a
rig with computer keyboard or laptop.
2.  With many rigs, and especially with marginal signals, the Heil elements
do offer slightly superior intelligibility compared to many
microphones--especially the stock microphones offered by the "Big-3" out of
Japan.  I've heard
enough A/B tests to be convinced.

Like  others, I do have a fondness for the Shure 444 (444D in my case), but
that one hard to use when I have a computer in front of me for logging.