Re: [TenTec] Fixing a Paragon...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fixing a Paragon...
From: Steve Weber <kd9bo@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:26:49 -0600
Bob,

I had a problem with a 540 Triton years ago that I could not solve. TenTec service took my credit card info then sent me a box of boards to try. I found the bad board, tagged it as such and sent them all back to Sevierville. They charged me ONLY for the repair / exchange cost of the bad board plus shipping both ways.

The rig was maybe ten or fifteen years old at the time.

Dunno if they still do that, but my experience sure as heck sold me on Ten-Tec. Try getting that kind of service from the competition!!!

73 de KD9BO Steve

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of attempting to resurrect a Paragon I - at the moment I can't seem to find any clocks on the logic board, and so I tried the simple thought, I replaced the crystal. That didn't do any good, so now I'm left with thinking it's maybe a bad processor or maybe something on the ROM/RTC card is hosed up... Having no better tools or skills at deciding what is at fault here, does anyone have a Paragon I that they could try my processor and ROM/RTC card in? I know it might be a dangerous prospect - probably most certainly wipe out your memories - but just asking...

Thanks es 73!

Bob/N2YRJ

Steve Weber