Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ filters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ filters
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:26:34 -1000

My question is, is it worth it to go ahead and add the 250 HZ filter in the
9MHZ or does it make it too narrow? Switching in and out the 500 HZ filter
sure makes a difference on close QRM.

Hi Paul,

I have an Omni VI not a + version, so I cannot have two narrow option filters in the 9 MHz IF. The narrow filter that is in mine is the 500 Hz one. I wish I could have more than one narrow filter, and if I could, my choice would be something wider than the 500 Hz and narrower than the 2.4 (always in) filter. I like a wider filter (but not too wide) for tuning around. The combination of the 500 Hz 9 MHz IF filter and either the 500 Hz or 250 Hz filter in the 6.3 MHz IF is already narrow enough for me. I doubt that I would get as much use from a 250 Hz filter in the 9 MHz IF as I would with say a 1.8 kHz or 1.5 kHz.

Hope to work you on 160. I'll be on in the CW tests coming up, 73 ES ALOHA DE N6KB