Re: [TenTec] Hamfest Prize Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hamfest Prize Question
From: "Paul Valko - W8KC" <w8kc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 01:48:50 -0500
I'll take a guess that you did not intend to send this email to the whole
reflector, but as you did, I'll share something with everyone.

A couple of the clubs that I belong to have discovered over the years that
our pre-swap tickets sell best when offered to the non-ham population as a
"raffle."  These advance tickets also sell for a dollar or two less than
they do on the day of the swap.

As much as we'd like to offer a ham rig as a top prize, it's WAY easier to
sell tickets to anyone (even hams!) with a cash prize.

You may not sell tickets in advance so the point may be moot.  Just wanted
to pass that along as our experience.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc