[TenTec] RE: Orion on Elecraft's Receiver Summary Page

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Orion on Elecraft's Receiver Summary Page
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:55:50 -0800 (PST)
Jim es group:

It was written:
> At 150-200ma receive current, and a transceiver that
> runs off batteries and fits in a backpack, the specs

Yes it was, and I wrote it!

Isn't it amazing that with no DSP at all and such a
tiny current consumption, the K2 is a close 2nd to
Orion, and so far advanced as compared to the status
quo?

This is a little backpack radio, and no I wouldn't use
it for a contest operation myself.

I'd like for Elecraft to make a larger radio, or for
Ten Tec to refine Orion for my own taste, but both
enterprises are catering mostly to their own core
interest groups.

That's fine here, the Corsair II is not a bad radio to
fall back on. ;-)

It sounds like you are enjoying your Orion!

73,
Don WB8YQJ/6