Re: [TenTec] call sign software radio control softwae

To: "tentec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] call sign software radio control softwae
From: "Dudley Hurry" <jhurry@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:39:45 -0600
John,

I was going to make a comment to you on the 20 meter net, but I can do it
here...

I have been using both the N4PY SW and the HamStation by WA1EYP since Mike
had it as a free beta..   Both are very good and each have their own
specialities..

On the HamStation, it does give you additional attenuation steps, and some
unusal tuning selections.   The scanning scope is nice and has a lot of
detail.  There is not the flexibility of setting the remote encoder buttons.
And one thing that I find unusual is the volume on the remote pod is
backwards, inother words, you turn to the left for up volume and right for
down volume.   Also if you like using the PBT (like I do, usually
about -150) every time you use one of the pod's buttons, the PBT is turned
off.

I do like the "fuzzy" tuning, where the faster you tune in a direction the
faster the tuning rate goes.   Much like the Icom radios, and the rate is
adjustable.  The CallSign SW does not have a CW ID'er but does send CW to
you when you change modes.  There is a CW ID timer, but only blinks a light
at you.

It's different, but there again it's the same, at least to the same radio,
but I like them both and when I want a different radio,  I just start a new
program and keep the money in my pocket..

Hope this helps, if you need additional information, drop me an email or
give a call..   Usually on 17 meters..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ