Re: [TenTec] amp dollar/watt ratios

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] amp dollar/watt ratios
From: "Bill Coleman" <n2bc@stny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:32:06 -0500
I think the $$ are for no-tune functionality.  I would think that the
individual parts are generally cheaper in a sand-state amp because of the
much lower voltages (offset somewhat by higher current). A handfull of LV
high current relays cost a fraction of the $ for a quality ceramic
bandswitch.  But there are lots more 'parts' in a no-tune SS amp (bandpass
filters).

The comparison should be to No-tune / auto-tune tube amps which are WAY
expensive.

Just my 2 cents...

73, Bill   N2BC