[TenTec] K2 vs. ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] K2 vs. ORION
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:31:17 +0100
S T O P

You guys are majoring in minors!

The ORION and the K2 are two totally different kinds of rigs.

They are both first class.

They solve different problems.

It is absolutely academical which one ultimately has a half db
more or less.

The K2 is a small rig with menu-driven adjustments (to keep the
size down) and the ORION is a full size rig which is much easier
to use than the K2.  I can hardly perceive of anyone seriously
contemplating to buy either a K2 or an Orion.

Instead, I imagine contemplating whether to buy an IC-706 or a K2
and a totally different group contemplating whether to buy an
Orion or an FT-1000xx.

The serious ham will have both. (meaning Orion and K2)

Let's not forget that you have to build the K2 and that it's a
bit cumbersome to operate, and the ORION, for all its greatness,
is simply EXPENSIVE.

73
Rick