RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion IP2 numbers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Re: Orion IP2 numbers
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:30:44 +0100
Billy,

We use three types of band filters in the club:
* ICE
* Dunestar
* Home Brew (designed by Siemens engineers)

These are inserted in the antenna line and affect both RX and TX.

In addition, many use RX-only filters.  Again 3 types:
* Braun (a German brand)
* BCC's own brand ("BCC-Preselector")
* Home Brew (also designed by Siemens engineers)

NOW, here comes the most important part:

WE DID NOT USE ANY EXTERNAL FILTERS WHEN WE COMPARED THE ORION TO
THE K2 AND THE 746.

The purpose was to test the transceivers.  We already knew the
filters work ;-)

73
Rick
DJ0IP / NJ0IP