Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:15:13 +0000
All the Orion's I have worked have been very clean and pleasant copy. There
does seem to be a tendency to keep the weighting close to the factory setting,
which makes for even better copy.

On the transmit side I have had several DX stations take time to ask about what
rig I was using and make extremely complementary remarks about the keying. And
a few rude commments about other rigs.

I keep the weight at 100%, since I don't have a "ground wave" CW op to compare
notes with. The stock settings sound very good, I don't know what I would get
if I played with the weighting and slope so I don't bother.

And since I don't know how the keying slopes and weighting on the ARRL's test
rig were set I don't feel well enough informed to make any further comment.
Other than the Elcraft writeup was done by an experienced builder - and I have
made my thoughts known about that in the past.

73 Pete Allen  AC5E