Re: [TenTec] Not TT - Wire antenna question.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Not TT - Wire antenna question.
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:20:06 -0600
Paul,
Yes, height above the shack window and structure would be helpful.

We put up  a horizontal loop for our club station on its flat roof building.
However, there is a metal strip around the edge of the roof, and this causes
a loss of pick up by the loop as well as weaker transmit signal.  Similar
loops 20 feet above any earth or building have worked very well in contrast.
Those loops are used from the one wave length band and on higher bands where
they will have a low angle lobe for DX.

A loop sized at 330 feet around was, at 20 feet high, and on 40m SSB at
night readily able to work HI (KH6) with only 5 watts.
GL,
Stuart
K5KVH