[TenTec] fuzzy sidetone, tuning freeze

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] fuzzy sidetone, tuning freeze
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:31:18 EST
Well, the credit card bill arrived and the thirty days is almost up.  Time to
decide: should it stay or should it go?  I am getting over some of my earlier
gripes but I have two more issues:

1. Fuzzy sidetone in the headphones.  It comes and goes.  It can be fixed by
turning the radio off/on but sometimes it takes several tries before the
fuzziness goes away.

2.  Tuning lock.  If the radio is left alone for a few hours, when I return,
sometimes the tuning locks.  Spinning the knob makes the numbers on the
display change but the VFO is not tuning.  Turning off/on solves this one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA