Re: [TenTec] fuzzy sidetone, tuning freeze

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] fuzzy sidetone, tuning freeze
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:40:53 +0000
Hi Buck; Knowing the level of responsiveness from the factory, I'm sure they
are working on the sidetone fuzzies and any other problems that have been
brought to their attention.

I do notice a bit of fuzziness on the studio monitors myself. I'm not
absolutely sure I would like either a pure sine wave, a square wave, or
something in between better than the current sidetone, but that's beside the
issue. It does bother some and that's a reason to fix it.

On the leaving the Orion on by itself - my wife and I are both extra class
hams, and we keep the house locked, but I cannot guarantee that no one will
break in and violate FCC rules in our absence. So when we leave the shack
unattended for more than a few minutes we turn the rig off and put the key to
the antenna switches in our pockets. So I have not noticed our Orion freezing
up. But if Ten Tec can make one do that long enough to figure out what causes
it I'm sure the first subsequent firmware upgrade will take care of that
problem too.

Bottom line - I wouldn't be too concerned because I'm sure the factory will
take care of it. If I weren't I wouldn't be working on a two Orion cabinet!

73  Pete Allen  AC5E