Re: [TenTec] Quieting fan

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Quieting fan
From: tongaloa <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:13:12 -0500
Dave Edwards wrote:

Both amps work great. I wish the idea behind the SB230 could have been
pursued. I don't think it is impossible to have silent operating

There is no reason one could not take a pair of the surplus GI7B, remove the
finned radiators (nut and a couple of washers), and attach a big finned heatsink
like the SB230 had. The anodes are grounded and the heaters are run off a well
isolated transformer. Drive is transformer coupled as well. It will cost a little
more than doing things the 'conventional' way, but for no fan, it's probably worth
the trouble.

-t