[TenTec] Orion firmware bugs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion firmware bugs
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:14:00 -0500
W5TA wrote:

>(1) The sweep display "froze". This happened twice.

Try a Master Reset described on p 47-48 of the new manual. I was having
this problem with a beta version and a Master Reset completely cured it.
Thank you Larry W6UB!
http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/tentec/2004-January/041584.html

>(2) On CW, after sending each dit and dah there was a hiss which decayed (fades away) in a fraction of a second.

        This sounds like some sort of QSK or NR issue.  I don't use
QSK and have not noticed it.  Maybe someone else will reply.  It
could be you need to adjust CW QSK Delay in the CW Menu.

        Back outside to climb my 100' tower in sunny 35 degree weather.
Funny, we wouldn't stuff like this if we were being paid!  ;-)

73, Bill W4ZV