RE: [TenTec] Orion Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion Question
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:00:33 +0100
Sorry Tom, you missed the point entirely.  Perhaps you missed the
original post.

My primary problem is tuning the matchbox, not the amp.  I tune
up using a Daiwa watt meter.
Here in Europe, about 90% of the hams use these and, because we
have much lower max power limits than you U.S. guys, our watt
meters read 15/150/1500 w instead of 20/200/2000 w.

All of my antennas are fed with openwire and need a tuner.

I tune at low power.  It wouldn't matter if it were 10/15/20
watts, it just needs to be low.
But, since my watt meter peaks at 15w, the default 20w is too
much for me (and 90% of the European hams).

Your statement "Leave it alone" is surely ok for you but not
necessarily ok for others.

I would like to see it adjustable to 15w.
For that matter, why not make it adjustable for XYZ watts in case
others have other requirements.  After all, it's an SDR, isn't
it?

Thanks for the input anyway, Tom.
Hpe CU dwn the log.

73