RE: [TenTec] Occupied Bandwidth

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Occupied Bandwidth
From: "Eric F. Richards" <efricha@dimensional.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:44:20 -0700
The bandwidth issue was addressed in the review of the AOR product
in 2/2004 QST.

At 11:30 PM 2/13/2004 +0100, you wrote:
Jim, I haven't read that yet, but I have a question.  Perhaps you
are correct that it will be a bandwidth hog, but perhaps not.  It
is likely true that the single signal needs a wider bandwidth,
but can other stations - better yet, other QSOs be going on at
the same time on the same spectrum of bandwidth?  If the answer
is yes, which I suspect, then the bottom line will be better
spectrum usage (which is what you get with narrower bandwidth -
it's just another approach).

I'm curious to find out.

73
Rick