[TenTec] v1369 and Sweep

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] v1369 and Sweep
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:30:36 -0500
W4BQF wrote:
>Does everyone notice that with v1369, the sweep function stops as you tune the VFO

This is most likely due to the VFO encoder now having higher priority with
the CPU to avoid the "digital" tuning sound and delays which 5B4AGN and others
complained about previously:

http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/tentec/2004-January/041098.html

Bob was a beta tester of the tuning change and is very happy now.  I'm very
surprised more have not commented on how much better the tuning sounds
with 1.369 and feel any degradation in Sweep was worth the tradeoff.

There are other "priority" issues that still need to be addressed. The most bothersome to me is the effect changing DSP BW has during CW transmit.
It causes TX CW to distort and sounds terrible. If I recall from my MP days,
there were many functions that were simply "locked out" during transmit. I
suggested to ditsnbits that they also lock out changes to Orion's DSP BW
during transmit. In the interim, I've learned to not touch that knob while
transmitting...i.e. my own CPU lockout ;-).

73, Bill W4ZV