[TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO
From: Bruce Multhup <brucem@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:27:44 -0500
Need some help guys. I am think of purchasing the Icom 746 PRO but I have heard about all the transmit problems. So several comments have led me to the Jupiter radio. I have never owned a Ten Tec before so I really don't know much about them. My concern is that the specs for the Jupiter on receive sensitivity is not as good as the 746 PRO. This concerns me because I like to work 80 meters DX and signals are not that strong. Any comments folks and thanks.

Bruce
N8CZZ