Re: [TenTec] Orion tuner Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion tuner Question
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:33:11 -0600
> I would agree that a protection mechanism is good,  however with my
> call It takes about a second to send at 30WPM,  Thus after a quick qsy
> and tune, my "K5" is QRP....  I'd suggest the protection start at 80
> watts or full pwer if set below that.

This does't sound like a "protection" mechanism.  It's the response of
TGC, which I suspect has a long time constant for other reasons.

Bet the guy at the other end 99 times out of 100 will never hear the
difference since most of us run (even barefoot) more power than we
need to virtually all of the time.

Grant/NQ5T