Re: [TenTec] Headphones for Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones for Orion
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:18:21 -0500
I have the following headphones I've swapped back and forth on my Orion,
many times.

Sony        MDR-V900    Z=250  (Very expensive,but very comfortable head
piece and very good audio)

Heil Pro Headset            Z= no one knows    (close race with the Sony's)

KOSS     KTX 1            Z=32 ohms            (would work, but weak audio)

Kenwood  KPM-310    Z=8 ohms            (very loud, but very tinny sound)

Just to me personally, the Sony is the best sounding, but the Heil is a VERY
close second and cost half as much. The other two are also-rans. In case you
do contest, neither the Sony nor the Heil gives you 'ear burn' after wearing
them for 20 hours straight. Both are very light on the ears, but both also
greatly cut out background noise.

FWIW...

Tom/W4BQF