[TenTec] Re: SGC tuners with Jupiter, Vol 15, Issue 10

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: SGC tuners with Jupiter, Vol 15, Issue 10
From: Allan Henry Kaplan <w1ael@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:51:18 -0500
Dick, N5XRD, wrote, "Has anyone tried the new SGC SG-211 tuner with the Jupiter ... Or any of the SGC tuner products?? "

I used an older version of this Smartuner with Jupiter and other rigs. It worked quite well, although it would not load my 40 thru 10 (14AVQ) vertical on 30-meters. It did deliver a good impedance match to the radio throughout 80-meters and all the other bands, though. Few tuners can load ANYTHING a ham might connect! Based on the claimed specs for SGC's new tuner, It should be a very good bet. My experience with the Ten-Tec retrofit tuner was also very good. 73, W1AEL, Allan.