Re: [TenTec] tighter filter for Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tighter filter for Jupiter
From: jsb@digistar.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:04:43 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Jason Buchanan wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to get a tighter filter for the
> Jupiter?  I find myself trying to squeeze the bandwidth filter tighter
> than 300Hz.  There are times I wish I had 100Hz! :-)

Thanks to all who replied.

I would ultimately prefer to see the firmware modified slightly to further
narrow the bandwidth instead of a post-AF stage filter.

It seems, using MixW to analyze the output viewing the waterfall, that at
300Hz the bandwidth is actually closer to 600Hz wide, 300Hz wide either
side of center frequency.  I was hoping the 300Hz filter would be 300Hz
edge-to-edge, not 300Hz either side of the VFO frequency.

thanks,
Jason N1SU